RAD Australia Teachers’ Scholarship Fund
The Royal Academy of Dance aims to increase access, reward aspirations, and support the excellent standard of education within our Registered Teaching Membership.
In 2021, together with the assistance of our inaugural partners DanceSurance and Harlequin Floors, we have created an ongoing Teachers’ Scholarship Fund supporting RAD Registered Teachers who wish to develop their skills and knowledge by engaging with Continuing Professional Development.
During this pilot year, this applies to the following:
- Syllabus courses*
- Teacher observation series
- RAD Global Webinars
- RAD Australia Conferences including Dance and Dance Education in an Age of Interconnectivity.
- RAD Endorsed Provider courses
There is also limited support available for teachers who wish to undertake external professional development opportunities. External courses will need to meet standard CPD requirements for time valued CPD.
*NB: Syllabus course details for 2022 will be available when applications open.
Conditions for application
- You must be a current Registered Teacher with the Royal Academy of Dance Australia.
- Applications Registered Teachers residing in Australia only will be considered.
- Applications can only be made toward Teachers’ Scholarship Fund designated activities.
- Scholarship awards cover the CPD activity fee.
- Applicants wishing to attend RAD Australia conferences* can also apply for a travel and accommodation stipend of $500 but should be aware that this will be assessed separately to the activity and may or may not be granted to a successful applicant.
* note the 2022 conference will be delivered online so the stipend does not apply in 2022.
- Teachers may apply as often as they wish but only one designated activity per application round will be granted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications must be completed in English or translated at your own cost.
- A Teachers’ Scholarship Fund Review Panel drawn from CPD, Membership, Faculty of Education and the National Director will consider applications.
- Provided an application has been completed in full, an assessment and decision of the application will normally be made on the dates stated above.
- We welcome feedback regarding the Teachers’ Scholarship Fund, the process or the outcome of your application. Please submit your feedback in writing only to email@example.com
- Successful applicants are required to give written feedback on their funded activity within 30 days of completing the activity. This short paragraph may be shared with fund supporters and can be made anonymously if preferred. Please nominate your preference in your application. Feedback should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be assessed twice a year.
Round 1 – for activities taking place from 1 December 2021 to 31 March 2022
- Applications open – 20 September
- Applications close – 8 November
- Applicants notified of the outcome – 22 November
Round 2 – for activities taking place from 1 April 2022 to 30 November 2022
- Applications open – 10 January 10
- Applications close – 22 February
- Applicants notified of the outcome – 7 March
The Royal Academy of Dance is committed to celebrating and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people in regional and remote areas, people living with disabilities, and people who identify as male or gender diverse.
Scholarships will be assessed and awarded using the information provided on the application form as well as a personal statement.
You should write a personal statement addressing the selection criteria here and attach it to your application below:
- A strong commitment to professional development
- A proactive and committed approach to dance teaching
- An interest in contributing to and engaging with the wider dance teaching profession
- Barriers that you believe impact your ability to participate in the activity without assistance, such as financial or geographic
Submit an application
Applications open on 20 September. Please complete the below form after that date.
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. View our Privacy Notice here.