Specifications and syllabus updates
Exam preparation information for teachers in 2020.
As teachers globally prepare to return to the studio RAD headquarters have put together guidelines for RAD teachers to help with the planning and preparation of examinations over the next few months. This includes adaptations to the format of some examinations as well as suggestions for managing social distancing in alignment with UK government guidelines. These adaptations apply until March 2021. Find out more here.
Exams, class awards, presentation classes, and solo performance awards
This document is valid from July 2018 and supersedes all previous Specifications and Examinations Information, Rules and Regulations documentation.
- registration and entry
- preparation and requirements
- the exam day
- results and certificates
- general information, e.g. uniform, exam timing, venue requirements, prerequisites, music, refunds and cancellations
- regulatory information
- aims and objectives
- syllabus content, and
- marking criteria and how marks are awarded
Below are documents that list changes to published syllabus content:
- The amendments are grouped by grade, with the most recent information at the beginning of the document
- Each correction is contained within a box
- Each box contains the date of the amendment
- The correction itself is shaded
- Pre-Primary and Primary in Dance
- Grades 1-3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 8 female
- Grade 8 male
- Intermediate Foundation
- Advanced Foundation
- Advanced 1 (female)
- Advanced 1 (male/female)
- Advanced 2 (male)
- Advanced 2 (female)
Discovering Repertoire Specification – this information, although included in the main Specifications, has been extracted for ease of access.
- Level 2 – the note on page 22 (‘For the classwork reverence, please play DR2-35, page 52’) has been printed in error and should be ignored.
- Level 3, Variation 1 Female – the second page of Benesh Notation for this variation (page 57) is incorrect in the books first published in 2017 (see copyright page). This has been corrected for all subsequent reprints. This link contains the correct version.
Sheet Music Amendments
- Grades 4-5
- Advanced Foundation, P6 – AF-03 Battements glissés and battements jetés exercise music. Listen now.
- Advanced Foundation
- Advanced 1, P34 – A1-25: Révérence – the révérence is not the correct length in the music book. This link contains the correct version.
- Advanced 1
- Advanced 2