Silver Swans Workshops
The RAD’s Silver Swans initiative is an exciting business opportunity for experienced ballet teachers to expand their expertise and tap into the growing adult dance market.
Silver Swans ballet classes are aimed at over 55s and are delivered by qualified, licensed, dance professionals. They have been developed in response to a growing mature market, drawing on the RAD’s own research into the benefits of dance for older learners.
There are now over 900 Silver Swans Licensees across the UK, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Mexico and Canada teaching Silver Swans branded ballet classes.
In order to become a Silver Swans® Licensee, you must take part in one of our Silver Swans® Workshop sessions.
Pre-verification will no longer be required for those interested in attending Silver Swans® Workshops. Access to the Workshops is now open to anyone who wishes to attend, subject to capacity. All RAD RTS attendees are eligible for the Silver Swans® License upon completion of the Workshop. All other attendees who wish to be considered for the Silver Swans® License should notify us on registering for the workshop so that the Tutor of the Workshop can confirm their eligibility post Workshop. The confirmation of eligibility is based on a solid demonstration of ballet teaching. Teachers that are eligible for the license will be notified following the Workshop.
Silver Swans® Licensee Workshop Sessions
Our next Silver Swans® Workshop is in Sydney on March 29 and 30 2021. Teachers are invited to attend in person or online via Zoom. Find out more here.
To be notified when new courses are announced contact us here.
If there are no workshops in your area, sign up to our waiting list and we will send you details of future workshops once available.
Benefits of the License
The Silver Swans® License entitles you to:
- deliver Silver Swans® branded ballet classes,
- use the Silver Swans® Licensee logo,
- have access to the marketing toolkit where you will find a range of resources to help you promote your classes,
- have your contact details listed on our global map and
- buy Silver Swans® dancewear at a discount.
What will a Silver Swans® Workshop cost me?
This is a 6-hour workshop delivered over two days.
- RAD Registered Teacher: $200
- RAD Member: $200
- Non-Member: $260
Silver Swans® Licensees are required to renew their license annually, no later than the renewal date, to remain a Silver Swans® Licensee.
Annual license fees are as follows:
- RAD Registered Teachers receive a 100% discount on the license fee, and will therefore pay no fee for the year.
- RAD Member Plus and RAD Members receive a 50% discount on the license fee and will be invoiced $108 for the year.
- Non-Members pay the full license fee and will be invoiced $216 for the year.
If you have any questions about license payments or renewals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Already a Licensee?
Access the Silver Swans® teacher resources.
Adding your Silver Swans® classes to the Silver Swans® Global Map