5 September 2023 19:19
Rockhampton Finalists announced for the 2023 inaugural Shirley Treacy Awards
We are pleased to announce the finalists of the Rockhampton Semi-Finals of the inaugural Shirley Treacy Awards. The semi-finals, held at Rockhampton Grammar School Dance & Musical Theatre Academy, showcased the dedication and skill of all participants. The event took place on Sunday, September 3rd, and marked the final group of candidates in the semi-finals before the digital Finals next weekend. We were pleased to have RAD examiner Kit Lethby join us as the adjudicator, who enjoyed the performances of all candidates involved.
The Royal Academy of Dance Australia congratulates all the finalists and extends its appreciation to the participants, their teachers, and their families for their unwavering support. These talented candidates will now progress to the finals of the Shirley Treacy Awards, where they will be adjudicated virtually against other finalists from various regions across Queensland in September 2023.
RAD Australia would like to express gratitude to the volunteers, regional advisory panel, participants, and supporters whose involvement has contributed to the success of the Shirley Treacy Awards Semi-Finals in Queensland. Their unwavering support has provided valuable opportunities for aspiring dancers in Regional Queensland to pursue their dreams and establish their place in the world of dance.
Congratulations to all the students who participated in this event. RAD Australia remains committed to ensuring that all students enjoy and grow from the experiences we offer.
The finalists are:
Grade 4 and 5 Finalists
- 101 – Isabel Patterson - Rockhampton Grammar School Dance & Musical Theatre Academy
- 105 – Lewis Jahnke - Capricorn School of Dancing
- 103 – Grace Killion-Fisher - Capricorn School of Dancing
- 107 – Gianna Torres - Capricorn School of Dancing
Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate
- 203 – Mia Shannen - Emerald Academy of Dance
- 204 – Romana Bellew - Capricorn School of Dancing
- 208 – Lucinda Comrie - Melinda’s Dance Studio
- 210 - Charlie McNamara - Emerald Academy of Dance
Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1 and Advanced 2
- 303 – Lily Cooling - Rockhampton Grammar School Dance & Musical Theatre Academy
- 304 – Holly Moore - Emerald Academy of Dance