Dance isn’t just for girls. From ballet to street, dance makes you stronger, fitter, and healthier. Project B lets you discover dance with male friends supported by all male teachers.
More Boys Only!
More Boys only! workshops will be happening across Australia in 2020. Put these dates in your diary or click here to be put on a mailing list to hear when they go on sale.
- Boys only Superhero workshop for 3-6 year olds Victorian Dance Festival (VDF) Saturday 4 April 2020
Following the success of 2019, Project B returns to VDF this April with another Boys Only Superhero workshop for 3-6 year olds. Led by Project B favourite David Williams this fun 45 minute workshop gives your young dancer the chance to explore movement with reference to his favourite superhero. Come dressed up and enjoy the fun. For more information go to the VDF website.
So far Project B has already brought you:
- Boys DANCE 18 (Adelaide, SA)
A high-energy, two-day workshop full of creativity and energy led by experienced male dance professionals and teachers. This workshop included ballet, contemporary, hip hop and tap for ages 7 to adult.
- Victoria – 17 February 2018 Australian Male Dance Ambassador Matthew Lawrence lead boys only! workshops as part of this year’s Victorian Dance Festival.
- New South Wales – 25 February 2018 Royal Academy of Dance Studio, 20 Farrell Ave,Darlinghurst ,NSW 2010 Ballet workshops for junior students with James Taylor from Sydney Dance Company.
- New South Wales – 19 April 2018 Mc Donald College, Strathfield, NSW The RAD in partnership with Ballet Brothers in association with Project B are thrilled to offer Boys Only! workshops as part of the RAD Autumn School.
- Victoria – 6 July 2018 Boys Only! workshops with Australian Male Dance Ambassador Matthew Lawrence. Junior (under 10 years) and Senior (11 years and over) boys classes available.
- New South Wales RAD Studios Darlinghurst – 12 July 2018 Masterclass for vocational level boys (Intermediate Foundation – Advanced 2) and Grades students (Grades 3-5) with Lachlan Monaghan First Artist with Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Australian Capital Territory – 14 July 2018 Masterclass for vocational level boys (Intermediate Foundation – Advanced 2) and Grades students (Grades 3-5) with Lachlan Monaghan First Artist with Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Queensland – 15 July 2018 KGSC Studios, JS Block, L’Estrange Terrace, Kelvin Grove, QLD Ballet and contemporary workshops for junior and senior students. Faculty: Australian Male Dance Ambassador Matthew Lawrence and Expressions Dance Company Artist Jake McLarnon.
- Boys DANCE 19 South Australia – 4-5 January 2019 – Boys DANCE 19 – the return of our 2 day males only summer school in Adelaide.
- Melbourne – Project B returned to the Victorian Dance Festival (VDF) – Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 April 2019! for a superhero themed class for 3-7 years olds at the iconic venue Batman Royale. And 11+ senior ballet #RADProjectB workshop with Ballet Brother’s Founder Jake Burden on Sunday 14 April. Classes included in the cost of a VDF pass.
- Perth – 5 May 2019 Dance & Parkour Boys only classes A multi-faceted workshop bringing together dance, strength and conditioning and Parkour. Students in three age groups came together to explore this unique combination in a fast paced, workshop which allowed them the freedom to learn to fly!
- Melbourne – July Winter Workshop – Boys Only workshops for Junior and Senior boys
Principal Artist Ty King Wall of The Australian Ballet lead non-syllabus ballet classes focussing on technique.
- Sydney – 21 July – Boys Only Workshop for Junior and Senior boys
Classes in ballet technique, contemporary and musical theatre with Mitchell Rayner (ex The Australian Ballet).
- Queensland – 14 July 2019 – Boys Only! Masterclasses – For junior and senior boys. Classes in contemporary and ballet with Tama Barry and Gareth Belling.
- Boys DANCE 20 and Challenge – 3 -4 January 2020
In its third consecutive year, Boys DANCE 20 was two full days of workshops which culminated in a showcase for parents and friends. Classes in ballet, contemporary, tap and hip hop were included. New this year – boys also had the opportunity to compete in a boys only challenge bringing their favourite solo in any genre to impress the faculty and audience.
Find a Teacher
RAD teachers throughout the world are specialists in teaching the RAD syllabus dance to both girls and boys – many having classes tailored toward boys. Use our ‘Find a Teacher’ facility to locate your nearest teacher.