Become a Teacher
Gain recognition when you join our professional network of approximately 8000 teachers registered with the RAD.
$320 per year.
Join our global community by completing and returning one of the following forms:
- RAD Registered Teacher application form
|RAD Registered Teacher||Teacher recognised by mutual agreement|
|Teaching registration certificate||YES||NO|
|Dance Gazette magazine||YES||YES|
|Focus on Exams magazine||YES||YES|
|Access to the Members’ Area||YES||YES|
|Included in Find A Teacher online search||YES||YES|
|JobSearch International ™||YES||YES|
|Selected International events||YES||YES|
|Selected International courses||YES||YES|
|Vocational Graded Examinations*||YES||YES|
|Enter candidates for RAD exams||YES||YES|
|Register your school as an RAD exam centre||YES||YES|
|Use of initials RAD RTS||YES||NO|
|Use of the RAD Registered Teacher Logo||YES||NO|
|Attend the AGM and have voting rights**||YES||YES|
|Apply to be an Associate of the RAD (ARAD)**||YES||YES|
|Priority booking for international events||YES||YES|
*From Advanced Foundation upwards.
**Terms and conditions apply.
Eligibility Criteria for RAD Registered Teacher
Teachers should hold one of the following RAD awards:
- Master of Arts in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching with Qualified Teacher Status
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- BA (Hons) Dance Education*
- Diploma of Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
- Pathway to Registered Teacher Status
- RAD Access Route with an approved degree from an RAD partnership institution
Previously Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Classical Ballet Teaching
- BA (Hons) Art and Teaching of Ballet
- RAD Teaching Diploma
- RAD Teaching Certificate
- BA (Hons) Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
* Graduates from these programme must have obtained RAD Intermediate or equivalent in ballet and taken option module BDE505 in a ballet context.
** The RTS portfolio is no longer offered. For those who commenced their studies in the academic year 2017/18 or before the portfolio was eligible for submission within five years of graduation. For those who commenced their studies in academic year 2018/19 and 2019/20 the portfolio was eligible for submission within their period of registration.
Code of Conduct
If you need further information or have any questions, please email email@example.com
How to Apply
Complete our online application form to apply today.