Become a Teacher
Gain recognition when you join our professional network of approximately 8000 teachers registered with the RAD.
$320 per year.
Join our global community by completing and returning one of the following forms:
- RAD Registered Teacher application form
|RAD Registered Teacher||Teacher recognised by mutual agreement|
|Teaching registration certificate||YES||NO|
|Dance Gazette magazine||YES||YES|
|Focus on Exams magazine||YES||YES|
|Access to the Members’ Area||YES||YES|
|JobSearch International ™||YES||YES|
|Included in teachers online search||YES||YES|
|Selected International events||YES||YES|
|Selected International courses||YES||YES|
|Vocational Graded Examinations*||YES||YES|
|Enter candidates for RAD exams||YES||YES|
|Register your school as an RAD exam centre||YES||YES|
|Use of initials RAD RTS||YES||NO|
|Use of the RAD collective mark||YES||NO|
|Attend the AGM and have voting rights**||YES||YES|
|Apply to be an Associate of the RAD (ARAD)**||YES||YES|
|Priority booking for international events||YES||YES|
*From Advanced Foundation upwards.
**Terms and conditions apply.
Eligibility Criteria for RAD Registered Teacher
Teachers should hold one of the following RAD awards:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (Level 3) (BABE)
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (BADE)*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
- Master in Teaching (Dance)
- Professional Dancer’s Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
*Those with the BA (Hons) Dance Education qualification need to complete an RTS portfolio.
Code of Conduct
If you need further information or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org