RAD Examinations during the pandemic
We have temporarily put in place the following measures to allow us to adapt our exams model during the continuing pandemic and to help us provide examination sessions:
- We will be limiting extensive examiner travel. International travel will be reviewed by the Director of Examinations to try and ensure the safety of candidates, teachers, examiners and exam day staff/assistants.
- Teachers and exam organisers must have a risk assessment in place for their examination session.
- We will be using some examiners who are local to the country/region in which exams are taking place.
- Filmed exams will remain an option for teachers and candidates until December 2022. Filmed exams are available Teachers can view the guidelines and information regarding filmed exams on this page.
- Where teachers have face-to-face examinations planned, we advise that they also have a ‘plan B’ to film, in case of emergencies. That way the work spent on planning the examination day is not wasted.
- All the format and administrative adaptations previously circulated, e.g. CD permitted for vocational levels, soft ballet shoes permitted for all vocational levels (see document in Members’ Area for a full list) will be in place until December 2022, to help teachers with reduced studio and preparation time for their candidates.
- Reasonable adaptations of exam procedures (to allow for social distancing) are permitted.
We will review these points regularly, and where we find that conditions are more stable and travel less restrictive, we will relax these measures.
Guidance for teachers on entering students for RAD exams.
For a teacher to enter candidates for RAD exams they must:
- be a current teacher registered with the RAD
- have registered the school and the candidates they wish to enter.
Entry forms can be submitted by another individual (e.g. the school principal), but there must be an RAD Registered Teacher listed on the entry form who is employed or contracted by the school.
If you are interested in holding RAD exams at your studio you can advertise for free to engage a RAD Registered Teacher through our Global Jobs Board. You might also find a freelance teacher in your area advertising on our Find A Teacher page.
In Australia, Examinations are organised through Examinations and Training Manager Kathryn Hughes email@example.com
If you have an urgent exams enquiry outside of normal business hours please contact 0424 723 462
If you are a new teacher or are new to a particular area, we recommend that you contact us to introduce yourself and to ensure that you are added to our mailing list. Find your Regional Manager’s contact details here.