Information on fees, refunds, withdrawals and cancellations for RAD exams.
Fee per candidate / participant
A$ (inc GST)
|Member*||Non Member||Member*||Non Member|
|Primary in Dance||81||119|
|Discovering Repertoire Level 2 (per unit)||63||74|
|Discovering Repertoire Level 3 (per unit)||68||82|
|Discovering Repertoire Level 4 (per unit)||80||98|
|Pre-Primary in Dance||65||70|
|Primary in Dance||72||78|
|Discovering Repertoire Level 2 (per unit)||39||55|
|Discovering Repertoire Level 3 (per unit)||46||61|
|Discovering Repertoire Level 4 (per unit)||56||72|
SOLO PERFORMANCE AWARD
|Level 1 or Level 2||38||50|
|Minimum fee payable if examining time less than three hours||2,036||n/a|
|Incomplete or amended entries and dishonoured payments||60|
|Late entries – week 1||10%|
|Late entries – week 2||20%|
|Medals / bars||20|
|Result Enquiry Report||80|
EXAMS FEEDBACK SEMINAR
* Membership rate is accessible after taking up or renewing an RAD membership and must be completed prior to an exam entry. Please refer to the RAD Australia Membership Page for more information.
Late Entry Fees
1 week after closing date – 10% of entry
2 weeks after closing date – 20% of entry
No new entries or changes are permitted later than 2 weeks after the closing date.
Candidate Withdrawal (non-COVID related)
Candidate withdrawal due to injury or illness (non-COVID-19 related) – option to carry-forward exam fee via a transfer letter, or up to 50% refund upon submission of evidence such as a doctor’s certificate.
Transfer letters or refunds will not be given:
- where a teacher withdraws a candidate after the entry has been submitted
- for clashes with events in the candidate’s school, college or university calendar as these should have been foreseen at the time of entry (this includes exams, holidays, rehearsals or school trips)
- where candidates’ ‘impossible dates’ availability is changed after the entry has been submitted
- where candidates’ lessons have been curtailed before an exam due to a dispute between the applicant and the candidate (or candidate’s parent/guardian)
- where a candidate withdraws from an exam due to a pre-requisite not being passed
- where a candidate withdraws from an exam because they have not yet reached the minimum age
- for demonstration classes
- where a candidate does not arrive for their exam
- where a candidate changes their mind about wishing to take their exam.
If exams are cancelled due to COVID-19, every attempt will be made to reschedule, carry-over an entry via a transfer letter or offer a video assessment option in the first instance. If none of these options are viable, RAD will refund 90% of the exam fee. Cancelled by COVID-19 means in any of the following circumstances:
- changes in government guidance about who/how many can meet and for what purpose
- lockdown measures being put into place
- restrictions on travel meaning that the examiner/teacher and candidates cannot attend the planned examination day
- the examiner, teacher or candidate contracting COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19
- the teacher or candidate needing to self-isolate in alignment with government guidance.
Refunds can only be requested by the Applicant School (i.e. school or studio submitting the exam entries). Refunds may be paid into the bank account the Applicant School specifies (i.e. can be directed toward relevant recipient).
- Multiple student cheques/credit cards – $50
- Extracts from the register of examinations – $45
Studio hire (Darlinghurst studio)
- $60 per hour
Teachers who have less than 3 hours examination work may choose to hold their examinations in their own studios by paying an additional charge on the total fee income from their examination, presentation class, class award and demonstration class entries to bring it up to the minimum fee level quoted below. This surcharge will not apply if teachers continue to combine with other teachers. The minimum fee is $2,036.
Payment for Examinations
It is preferred that payment and entry for examination is made online. If this is not available, entries will only be accepted with payment via EFT, cheque, or Credit Card (excluding Amex & Diners Club). A surcharge may be applied if there are multiple payments for School’s entry.
Direct deposits can be made to:
Account Name: Royal Academy of Dance
Account number: 800571
Click here for a printable fees page.
Become a RAD Member
Visit Membership to find out more about becoming an RAD Member.