Lucia Moore: Australian Semi-Finalist in The Fonteyn 2023:
- What does it mean to you to be selected as one of the semi-finalists for The Fonteyn? How does it feel to be part of this event?
Having the opportunity to compete as a semi finalist for the Fonteyn is an absolute honour and dream come true, the calibre of talent at this competition is amazing.
I am so excited and lucky to be included in such a prestigious event which holds endless opportunities for so many dancers.
- Can you tell us about your journey in ballet and what inspired you to pursue dance at such a high level?
I started ballet at the age of two, so I have had a love for it forever. Ballet has been the one thing in my life I feel like I can express myself through, plus it’s accompanied challenge and achievements along with performing on stage fulfils me. I started my full time training with Annette Roselli dance academy when I was 14, after shifting from New Zealand where I previously trained with Dance Education Centre under Prue and Debbie Gooch.
I have always been a dancer who comes alive on stage- I so love to perform.
The Fonteyn had inspired me to pursue my goals and push myself daily to work on perfecting my technique. Competing in this high level event is supported and mentored from my amazing teachers- Annette Roselli, Shane and Marie-Claire Wuerthner, and Tracey Carrodus, also my parents, and my sisters. All of whom are so supportive of my journey and who I wouldn’t be here without.
- The Fonteyn showcases exceptional talent from around the world. How have you been preparing for this competition, both physically and mentally?
In preparation for Fonteyn, I have found consistency and discipline, paired with trusting in my abilities, keeping strong minded, and enjoying the process. These things have helped elevate my technique and performance abilities in preparing for my competing.
- What advice would you give to other aspiring young ballet dancers who aspire to participate in prestigious competitions like The Fonteyn International Ballet Competition?
For others aspiring to compete in future Fonteyn Competitions, I would advise them to focus on themselves, and their own journey, but to remember to also enjoy every moment along the way.
- Finally, could you please share one interesting and ‘fun fact’ about yourself?
My favourite ballet is Romeo and Juliet!
For media enquiries please contact:
National Marketing Manager
Royal Academy of Dance Australia
(02) 9380 1907