Ben Moss: Australian Semi-Finalist in The Fonteyn 2023:
- What does it mean to you to be selected as one of the semi-finalists for The Fonteyn? How does it feel to be part of this event?
Yes that’s right the Fonteyn Awards are a very prestigious event so for me to to be a part of it means so much. I seriously can’t wait to be in London and experience the Fonteyn awards while representing Australia.
- Can you tell us about your journey in ballet and what inspired you to pursue dance at such a high level? (Please include the name of your school and teachers)
Well, I started ballet at the age of 7. When I started I really had no idea what I was doing or where it would take me. But as I learnt more about the art form through my wonderful teachers Anne Gray at North Shore Dance Academy and Hilary Kaplan & Archibald McKenzie at Alegria I realised my true passion for dance and that I want to pursue it as a career!
- The Fonteyn showcases exceptional talent from around the world. How have you been preparing for this competition, both physically and mentally?
Leading up to the competition I have been constantly working on both my Solo pieces for the Fonteyn in the studios at Canada’s National Ballet School, where I’m currently training. As far as mentally, I’m honestly just really excited to get there and take it all in.
- What advice would you give to other aspiring young ballet dancers who aspire to participate in prestigious competitions like The Fonteyn International Ballet Competition?
I would say to be true to yourself, especially since ballet it such a hard art. That means asking yourself what you really want and if you have the motivation to do it. And if that’s to pursue ballet and be able to participate it prestigious events like The Fonteyn then work hard and you’ll be able to make it happen.
- Finally, could you please share one interesting and ‘fun fact’ about yourself?
When I’m not in the studio I love to hang out with friends and play sports like basketball as well when I get the chance.
For media enquiries please contact
National Marketing Manager