Regional Advisory Panels
The RAD Australia Regional Advisory Panels are an integral part of the Academy and enable us to support and encourage dancers and teachers far and wide across Australia.
The Panels, based in each state except the Northern Territory, are administered by our Regional Managers and report to the National Director. They support the aims and objectives of the Royal Academy of Dance by:
- Providing a link between the membership and management of the Royal Academy of Dance at the regional and national levels.
- Consulting with and providing feedback, advice and recommendations to the Royal Academy of Dance on behalf of the regional membership and other matters relating to RAD activity in the region.
- Advising and contributing to the development, delivery and promotion through the Regional Manager of Royal Academy of Dance student competitions, events and courses, and member programmes for the region outside of the examination programme.
- Acting as an advocate for, and promoting the work of, the Royal Academy of Dance, including programmes, courses and membership.
- Raising funds to support the work of the Royal Academy of Dance at both regional and national levels where permissible under state regulations.
How can I join a Panel?
Panels are elected at an Annual General Meeting following a nomination process where nominations are proposed and seconded by at least two RAD Members. Members vote for the nominees at the AGM. Nominate to join a panel by completing this form.
How many members are on each Panel?
There are up to eleven Members on each Regional Advisory Panel. From 2022, two Members for each Panel are to be located outside of the major cities to ensure adequate representation. Up to five members can also be elected as Friends of the Panel for those wishing to gain panel experience, however, these five do not have voting capacities. A chair and vice-chair are elected to lead the panel.
Who can join a Panel?
Panels welcome nominations from anyone over the age of 18 years and a minimum of 75% of the panel should be Full RAD members. Students on our Faculty of Education programmes and Regional Members are encouraged to nominate prior to a panel Annual General Meeting each year.
How often does a Panel meet?
Panels meet no less than three times a year in addition to the AGM and elected members are expected to attend 75% of meetings per year. Panel members can attend meetings digitally and/or in person.
How long does someone serve on a Panel?
Panels members are elected for an initial term of three years and are eligible for re-election for a further period of three years – proposed and seconded for nomination in the usual way. All Panel members must step down after six years. In exceptional circumstances, such as an insufficient number of members nominating for the RAP, the National Director may approve a member to nominate for a further term following the conclusion of two terms.
Each Panel member is issued with a copy of their Service Description and Duties and the Regional Advisory Panel Terms of Reference.