Facts and Figures
Facts and figures about the Royal Academy of Dance.
- Our mission: to promote knowledge, understanding and practice of dance internationally
- The RAD is the world’s leading organisation in classical ballet education.
- A global organisation involving approximately 13,000 members across 85 countries.
- 36 RAD offices worldwide.
- 250,000 children take RAD examinations each year.
- Over 200 events and activities attracting over 25,000 participants each year.
- Over 1,000 students enrolled on Faculty of Education programmes of study.
- Programmes offered each year for Continuing Professional Development.
- Full or part-time, distance learning or taught teacher education programmes available from the Faculty of Education.
- Member of Royal Academy of Dance Worldwide Group.
- Registered in Australia ABN 88 132 361 256.
- The Royal Academy of Dance is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
- In Australia every year more than 20,000 students take RAD exams .
- Almost 7,500 participate in RAD Australia’s calendar of events.
- 100 students are annually studying on our Faculty of Education programmes from Australia.
- RAD Australia also has over 1,500 members.
- There are and 940 Registered teachers in Australia alone.